I seek inspiration in all kinds of places. One that has been very near and dear to my heart over the course of the past year is yoga. I began practicing in earnest last summer and I have passionately sought out wisdom to deepen my practice.
Over the next couple weeks I want to share the Seven Chakras with you and what I have learned from them. The Chakras are energy points along the spine that are believed to hold spiritual power. They are in essence a link between the body and mind where our energy flows.
The Seven Chakras are:
- Root Chakra - our foundation and stability
- Sacral Chakra - our ability accept new experiences
- Solar Plexus Chakra - our confidence
- Heart Chakra - our ability to love
- Throat Chakra - our ability to communicate
- Third Eye Chakra - our ability to focus and see "the big picture"
- Crown Chakra - our ability to connect spiritually
When our Chakras flow freely, we feel confident and can express ourselves easily. However, when an energy point gets blocked, it can change our entire mood and attitude.
Chakras are a way to see the world and my place in it visually. I enjoy learning more about these different components and how being confident or able to see "the big picture" affects my day to day experiences.